Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday-Friday normal business hours (8-5pm) with flexibily to accomodate meetings and urgent projects.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a pioneering member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Clinical Research Data Analyst provides informatics and data analytics support to the research program and community. This role is central to measuring all aspects of the research program and critical its operations, growth and mission. The Clinical Research Data Analyst will develop, execute and manage a comprehensive informatics platform and routinely produce and analyze quantitative and quantitative data to drive decision making. The data analyst identifies opportunities to enhance technology, data, reporting and insights to generate actionable information. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
Systems management, integration and optimization:
- Independently manages all research systems (i.e. CTMS, RedCAP, DocuSign, Epic research modules/features, etc.)
- Routinely performs systems assessment to identify underutilization and prioritizes and coordinates projects to foster integration, optimization and standardization to facilitate research goals.
- Owns how data should be tracked, measured and ensures reliability of data through field definition, training & education, cleaning, and performs routine quality assurance checks.
- Critically evaluates new systems, new features/modules and develops and executes strategy for system implementation including vendor selection, resource assessment and allocation, (i.e. e-signature platform, e-consent, e-regulatory, clinical trial matching software, CTMS, virtual tumor board, etc.).
- Actively seeks technological solutions to common operational challenges and partners with research leaders to execute solutions
- Perform substantial research to assess impact of improvements or impact of changes and leads task force or equivalent to gain key stakeholder buy-in and actively collaborates with research administration and information technology to harmonize efforts.
Design and executes sophisticated metric tracking mechanisms, and routinely reports on program performance metrics
- With cross functional input, design, develop and map data to research dashboards/tiles specific to research leadership, disease management teams. Data includes but is not limited to: financial, referral, accrual, portfolio, quality, patient populations etc.
- Evaluate research dashboards for opportunities for new tiles based on annual improvement projects (AIP), strategic goals and HHC CI research direction
- Provide customized and/or ad hoc reports as requested
- Supports 13 disease management teams by providing quality, performance and accrual data
- Use programming skills to create home grown solutions (i.e. study start up platform)
- Carefully analyzes data to make meaningful interpretation and recommendations to research leaderships
- Collect and report on Cancer research performance metrics and dashboard reporting to executive leadership; make recommendations for improvements; manage quarterly reporting requirements and presentations to executive leadership
Develops data collection tools, forms and agency reports:
- At the direction of the principal investigator develops case report forms and/or databases consistent with good clinical practice, the complex research protocol to ensure the data collected directly supports the study endpoints
- Works with study teams to develop research collection tools (i.e. questionnaires)
- Responsible for producing reliable and accurate tables and reports for Federal agencies (i.e. FDA, NIH)
- Manages clinicaltrials.gov registration and results reporting in a manner consistent with aggressive timelines and Federal policies and ICJME requirements.
- Performs alignment analysis with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) standards of care (SOC)
- May compile and generate data to support research resourcing and capabilities assessments performed by MSKCC and external strategic partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, science or health related field
- Expert within different aspects of clinical research operations with a proventrack record of success within the clinical trials/research space while possessing significant managerial experience, preferably in an academic, hospital or non-profit space.
- Five (5) years of experience at an academic medical center, hospital or equivalent healthcare or industry setting
- Five (5) years of direct clinical research experience with three (3) years in oncology research experience
- Three (3) years of experience using CTMS and research databases (i.e. Medidata, RedCAP, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of human subject's research ethics and clinical trial practices and policies to include ICH, GCP, FDA regulations, IRB policies, complex
Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Good clinical practice certification required
- Clinical Research Professional certificate (i.e. ACRP, SOCRA, RAPS) Preferred
- Programming, coding or developer certificate (or equivalent) Prefered
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.