Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the regional management team, the incumbent is responsible for service line program development to include, but not limited to training of all clinical staff members, clinical policy development and implementation, staff education to include a leadership role in best practice and new programs/service development to ensure a safe, productive and supportive team environment.
• Assesses and documents the clinical abilities of new and existing staff members based on current practice and will participate in corrective action as needed. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Assures the delivery of quality patient care through the design, redesign, and implementation of processes to achieve desired clinical outcomes. In collaboration with the management team, responsible for development and implementation of best practice across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a leader in the organization with commitment to best clinical practice as a main priority. Continuously evaluates current practice and guides the team in modifying the delivery of care to improve patient outcomes.
• Works closely with the administrative and management teams to complete various projects to include, but not limited to scheduling of educational in-services, refining practice based on changing healthcare guidelines and assisting with new practice initiatives.
• Responsible for staff education and implementation of new policies and procedures as well as reeducation of existing staff on changing policies or protocols.
• Performs yearly competency validation for all clinical staff members to ensure they are providing patient care in accordance with existing clinical guidelines and policies.
• Involved in the performance appraisal process for clinical staff members and participates in any corrective action as needed.
• Identifies gaps in current systems or workflows and collaborates with the MIS team to improve documentation.
• Collaborates with MIS in the building of any new electronic health record templates and reviews clinical documentation prior to roll out. Acts as a liaison for the MIS team to assist with electronic health record changes, improvements and staff training.
• Creates and maintains a clinical training manual for each Health Center with continuous review and updating of materials based on changes in practice or electronic health record.
• Coordinates and facilitates a training plan for each new employee, to include the scheduling of mandatory educational sessions as well as clinical training experiences.
• Analyzes workflows and makes recommendations to help improve efficiency in patient care delivery across the organization.
• Maintains clinical competencies and works as an RN/LPN in all Health Centers as needed. Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to provide most efficient and effective support for new orientees, staff, patients and providers.
• Performs other duties as assigned based on scope of practice, and needs of the organization.
QualificationsEducation: RN/ LPN graduate of an accredited school of nursing.