Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Patient Advocate is responsible for supporting customer and patient experience efforts in local and defined areas within Hartford HealthCare including for managing customer complaints and grievances within federal regulatory guidelines and within the organization’s service standards and supporting employees in resolving customer concerns. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Management of customer and patient concerns and complaints
• Receive, manage, investigate as needed, resolve and close customer concerns, complaints and grievances.
• Collaborate with local leadership as needed to resolve and close customer concerns, complaints and grievances
• May proactively round on patients with consideration to current areas of opportunity based on patient complaint data
• Impartially investigate customer concerns, acting as an advocate for the customer as appropriate
• Act as subject matter experts for regulatory and compliance elements of customer complaint management
• Educate employees on HHC processes and policies regarding customer complaint management processes
• Coach employees through service recovery opportunities
• Ensure current familiarity with complaint data trends and reports
• May attend local leadership meetings to share customer complaint data and reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare management, nursing or business related area; Minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare can offset degree requirement
• Prior patient/customer experience preferred
• Serves as a role model for exceptional customer service
• Excellent communication and complaint resolution skills
• Strong conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to lead through influence
• Ability to coach and empower colleagues in service recovery
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.