St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Must have a flexible schedule; Hours/days vary based on the overall needs of the facility.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Oversees all related operations and provides supervision and leadership to
ensure that services provided meet with current best professional practices
and adhere to all legal and regulatory requirements while ensuring that
persons receiving services are treated with the highest degree of dignity and
• Identifies health, education and psycho-social needs of older individuals in the
community and develops programs, projects, and activities based on assessed
• Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities; ensures
operational compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
• Ensures that services provided are centered around individual needs and
preferences; Recommends appropriate staffing patterns and physical plant
needs necessary to meet the needs of persons served.
• Ensures that direct support staff are receiving effective operational supervision
and support; provides effective supervision and leadership and evaluates
departmental and individual performance and productivity while managing
resources to ensure efficient and effective operations.
• Liaison between state and local agencies, parents, guardians, SVSNS, SVMC
and Ascension personnel.
• Assist Director with additional tasks.
• Attendance to all required meetings.
• Assist persons served to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual,
developmental health and safety needs.
• Ensure orientation/in-service training to employees is in accordance with DDS
• Other Duties as assigned
• Two locations
• Bachelors degree preferred- High School diploma or GED required.
• 4 years experience assisting individuals with disabilities and 2 year
supervisory experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.