Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Ayer Neuroscience Institute
More than fifty million Americans will experience a disorder of the brain or nervous system this year. Common disorders include stroke, brain tumors, memory disorders, sleep disorders, movement disorders, chronic headaches, spinal cord injuries, severe back and neck pain, seizures, and Parkinson’s disease. The Ayer Neuroscience Institute offers a unique integration between neurology, neuroscience and neurosurgery, to give patients a comprehensive approach to treating and/or managing their symptoms and living a healthier, more balanced life. We offer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to care, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and techniques that enable you to provide every patient the best possible outcome.
Stroke Program Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Role Scope
· Provides holistic, quality and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and others in a target population, and participates in the medical management of patients, to achieve or maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness.
· Engages in independent decision-making regarding the health care of individuals, families and groups across the lifespan and across the health care continuum.
· Reports to Nursing Director, Medical Director or Stroke Manager, or a matrix which may include Nurse Manager, Nursing Director, Medical Director, or some combination of those.
· The Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners (APRN) are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for neurology, stroke and other complex disorders affecting blood supply to the brain and spinal cord, including brain aneurysms, carotid artery disease, cervical artery dissection, vascular malformations and other disorders of the nervous system under the direction of the attending physicians at Hartford Hospital.
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners (APRN) Enjoy
· A collaborative model of care with the neurology attending physician, rehabilitation, nurses, and other members of the health care team.
· Extensive onboarding allowing the Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to train throughout the entire continuum of stroke care.
· Training is provided to the Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) for skills such as management of medications, neuroradiology, condition specific physical examination, and treatment plans.
· Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans.
· Generous Paid-Time Off.
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice.
· State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
Completion of Approved Nurse Practitioner Program if appropriate for specialty.
Current APRN license required after 1994 or current PA license
Certification according to CT state law.
Certified Acute Care NP strongly preferred.
Specific experience in specialty may be required