Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Pharmacy Department at Hartford Hospital utilizes a decentralized model with pharmacists embedded on medical teams to advice on optimal drug therapy. We also have an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Pharmacy Residency program, an active Oncology infusion service, and a Retail/Specialty outpatient pharmacy.
Pharmacists perform functions related to the control, monitoring and dispensing of medications for all age groups of patients according to department procedures and protocols in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Supervises the work of supportive personnel (i.e. pharmacy technicians and associates) through monitoring and checking activities to ensure safe and accurate preparation and dispensing of drugs and to meet federal and state regulations.
• Optimizes drug therapy for the general patient population by designing drug therapy that is appropriate, correct, and cost-effective in order to maximize positive outcomes.
• May provide direct patient care for pain management through patient evaluation, recommendations, and follow-ups in response to the physician's request or as part of the critical path.
• Maintains safety of drug therapy for the general patient population by utilizing a variety of screening mechanisms and input from others (i.e. health care providers, the patient, and the patient's family) in order to identify, prevent and resolve adverse drug events.
• Provides useful drug information through participation on Health Care Team activities and as a liaison between the HCT and the pharmacy to facilitate rapid and effective patient care.
• Investigates and resolves drug and/or pharmacy related problems for immediate need or broader, longer term review by conducting investigative studies and/or utilizing effective problem solving techniques to ensure a high performing medication use system.
• Documents interventions, outcomes, and other statistics manually and/or through electronic documentation on a daily or sporadic basis to demonstrate activity and success and provide an opportunity for quality improvement.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs.
• Periodically may be required to function as charge pharmacist.
• Pharm.D. Required
IC systems preferred.
• Current CT Pharmacist license or eligible within 45 days of hire.
• PGY-1 Pharmacy residency preferred
• Prior experience with EP
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.