Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Provides routine support services such as preparing patient trays, assisting with food preparation, replenishing supplies, washing dishes, and operating equipment in the cafeteria such as the cash register, cash handling, and/or patient tray service areas. Maintains proper sanitation of food service areas and equipment and adheres to stringent food handling procedures.
· Performs assigned routine food service tasks in a specific area under close supervision to meet food service demands.
o Prepares patient trays
o Assists with food preparation
o Replenishes supplies
o Washes dishes and equipment
o Serves food
o Delivers patient trays
· Operates kitchen and cafeteria equipment such as a turbo chef, panini machine, pizza oven, cash register and dish machine.
· Assists in the serving of hot and cold food and handles such food according to strict procedures and departmental codes to avoid contamination.
· Attends and participates in departmental meetings and in-services to promote continuous improvement for self and the department.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English
· Basic math skills
· Wears appropriate shoes and PPE (gloves) in all food service areas to avoid injury
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.