St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as Aquatic Therapy Aide.
For over 60 years, St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services (SVSNS) has been a trusted provider of specialized services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and complex medical needs, such as cerebral palsy, acute brain injury, neuromuscular disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families receive services from the organization. As a private provider of residential services for DDS, SVSNS’ group homes are licensed by DDS and proudly hold the distinction of consistently attaining maximum licensure and accreditation status. Today, we operate 8 fully accessible licensed Adult group homes (each house is home to six residents) in six communities: Bridgeport, Monroe, Shelton, Stratford, Newtown and Trumbull.
Job Summary: Guards the safety of pool users and responds to emergencies.
• Inspects aquatic areas regularly and reports all maintenance concerns and incidents of worn equipment.
• Explains pool rules and ensures the safety of those using the aquatic area by remaining vigilant and be ready to respond to emergency situations. Enforces policies. Educates participants about aquatic safety policies for all aquatic areas.
• Assist the instruction of swim lessons or exercise classes as training allows. Report all incidents and injuries per department regulations.
• Conduct chemical tests and maintain accurate water test records and attendance records in accordance with health department regulations.
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment & time.
• Knowledgeable in operation of the pool & maintains all daily pool operations.
• Cleans & maintains laundry and equipment on a daily basis.
• Assists in therapy departments when needed/assigned.
• Certified Certification specializing in Lifeguard obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Provide support to therapy staff in implementation of aquatic therapy program.
• Previous related experience.
• Will consider newly certified life guard.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.