Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as an Administrative Associate III.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of Home Care services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families. ·
Provide efficient, accurate, and timely administrative support to contribute to the success of the area. Create and prepare reports and correspondence using most advanced PC skills. Prepare summaries and analyses of information including the consolidation of input from reporting units. Coordinate completion of projects and information gathering activities of reporting areas. Vast latitude for independent judgment and action on assigned responsibilities, and to act on behalf of the manager to initiate activities and resolve issues. Screen correspondence and visitors, schedule appointments, organize meetings, and make travel arrangements. Maintain selected files for manager. Participate in activities dealing with sensitive and confidential issues and information involving Human Resources or other issues impacting the organization.
· Perform various responsibilities that contribute to the smooth flow of information within the area, and to and from customers and other areas. Respond to complex inquiries regarding own work. Initiate proactive and independent research, action, and communications with regard to activities of the manager. Take action based on independent judgment, understanding the impact across the organization. Involves others both within and outside the area as needed, or refers to a higher authority when appropriate.
· Complete assigned portion of the work area's processes or projects to contribute to its effective operation. May perform or coordinate varied and complex processes and determine the most appropriate methods and procedures. May facilitate, coordinate, or oversee the work of others in the process(es). Requires planning, analysis and judgment to achieve desired outcomes. Provide direction and training to others as necessary. Specific responsibilities are typically similar those included under the Clerical, Administrative, and Communications accountabilities.
· Contribute to the success of the work area by coordinating or performing a variety of clerical duties that require the use of office machines to accomplish a desired outcome. Determines appropriate means and modifies procedures as required. Maintains unit files in a complete, accurate, and timely fashion in accordance with the standards of the work area, suggests changes to system to meet changing needs. Frequently assigns work to others.
· Works effectively as a team member within the area and with customers to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
· Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by collaborating with the superior to identify growth opportunities and resources.
Education: High School diploma required. Associate's Degree in business or health related field desirable
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of office/business experience, preferably in health related field. Flexible nature and
willingness to adapt in a changing environment required. A strong commitment to a high standard of business ethics,
principles and values.
Skills: Highly proficient with Microsoft tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.