Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 33,000 Hartford HealthCare Colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Customer Service Coordinator.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
· With a goal of achieving excellence in every patient and customer experience, the Intake Customer Service Coordinator ’s role core purpose is to provide timely and effective response and initiation of homecare referrals, ensuring accuracy and completion of the pre admission protocols, identifying, triaging and facilitating calls and inquiries are routed appropriately to other HHC entities and service lines as instructed, collaborating with transitional care and clinical colleagues throughout the agency in supporting identification and alignment of appropriate level of care, services and programs. Engagement in Customer Service, Call studies and department analytics as requested
· To become educated on levels of care and service across the healthcare system, care navigating as required in facilitating timely coordination of certified or hospice care and services for patients moving from one level of care to another to ensure safe and effective patient transition across the post-acute care continuum. Serves as a bridge between the healthcare team and the patient and/or caregivers.
· Effective communication skills, Self-directed, with a spirit of team support and success, curiosity and ownership, flexibility and a consistent demonstration of H3W Leadership behavior and modeling.
· Efficiency and accuracy in completing work as assigned.
· Adherence to regulatory and agency policies and procedures.
· This position is within our Central Intake Department. It is a non-clinical position with no face to face contact with patients and referral sources.
In general, Majority of time will be spent on the following activities:
· Ensuring adherence with referral management protocols, policies and procedures.
· Responding to internal and external communication timely and accurately
· Acts a team member in the regional intake business development liaison to HHCAH staff, departments and customers both internally and externally
· Building and supporting positive, effective relationships across the continuum and with the patients and communities we serve.
· Utilizing sound judgement identifying risk and safety concerns and triaging appropriately.
· Reviews pre admission referral documentation, ensuring completion of pre admission requirements including F2F elements ensuring agency policy and regulatory compliance.
· Collaborating and communicating with transitional care staff, Clinical colleagues, Physicians office and home care staff to ensure continuity of medical care through confirmation of coordination of homecare orders, follow up appointments, risk factors, insurance parameters and goals of care.
· Preparing and maintaining accurate patient records, charts and documents to support sound medical practice.
· Consistently communicates with HHCAH management to make sure all issues and problems are seamlessly handled so that both the patient and the referring source are satisfied with the results and process.
· Providing consultation to referral source on community resources and home care issues.
· Adheres to the practice of confidentiality (HIPAA and other state/federal regulations) regarding patients, families, staff and the Agency.
· Demonstrating H3W Leadership behaviors and supporting your team in culture and team building initiatives
Education: High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 1 year recent homecare, healthcare and/or call center experience preferred
Skills/Desired attributes: Positive outlook, Effective communicator, Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Excel, efficient multi tasker, experience and interest in problem resolution and process improvement. A creative thinker that excels in team environment.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.