Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Program Manager must have broad and deep expertise in Project Management Institute (PMI)-based Project Management methodologies. Position will lead a staff of Project Managers, as well as personally manage a portfolio of projects of various complexities and scope, within a Hartford HealthCare (HHC) business segment. The Program Manager must excel at managing projects and project management staff in a matrixed team environment across business and functional areas. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Portfolio, Program Management
· Executes and delivers programs or a portfolio on-scope, on-time, on-budget, with quality and customer satisfaction - promoting and executing through the use of project management methodology and tools and a continuous improvement mindset.
· Ensures component teams follow established standards, inspect their work for quality and integrate accomplished deliverables.
· Manage to business requirements and executive expectations for program/ portfolio delivery and reporting
· Ensure all projects in portfolio conduct surveys to project leadership and team members to make necessary improvements along the way.
· Responsible for recruitment, onboarding, performance and development of Project Managers within assigned program
· Manages Project Manager direct reports in terms of barrier removal, personal development, performance management, capacity and customer satisfaction.
· Facilitate and deliver multiple complex project(s) on-scope, on-time, on-budget, with quality and customer satisfaction - promoting and executing through the use of PMI-inspired project management best-practices methodology and tools, with a continuous improvement mindset.
· Accountable for coordination, management and support of assigned project internal and external delivery teams. Responsible for ensuring that full requirements are satisfactorily met on time, within budget, to specification and with high quality.
· Applies and integrates Change Management methodology and principles with project management methodology.
· Manage appropriate project and PMO team resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed delivery timeframe, to the agreed-upon scope and at or under budget with a high-quality result.
· Ensures project documents/artifacts – including project status reports – are timely, complete, current and stored on SharePoint or other designated document repositories.
Strategic Partnership and Collaboration
· Partners with diverse teams and leaders across the organization on system-wide programs and initiatives.
· Consults leaders and stakeholders on HHC’s integrated project and change management methodology.
· Work collaboratively across project stakeholders to establish roles and responsibilities, effectively manage project expectations, communicate results, mitigate risks, and resolve issues.
· Proactively builds and manages strategic relationships with all business partners to optimize performance/results.
Process Improvement and Quality
· Manage project financials, analyze variances and implement corrective actions for large system programs.
· Raise concerns to senior leadership along with recommendations for options/solutions.
· Provide senior leaders with reports on program/project health with enterprise connections and perspective.
· Ensure compliance with standard project delivery framework, while continuing to seek and implement opportunities for improvements.
· Bachelor’s degree in project management or related field
· 7+ years of experience in, managing project management staff as well as a portfolio of projects from initiation through closeout with demonstrated experience implementing continual process improvement
· 1-3 years of experience in program/portfolio management
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
· Project Management Professional (PMP), on track for Program Management Professional (PgMP)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.