Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
1st shift. 2nd shift, nights, weekends
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Responsible for patient food service on assigned units including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking patients’ units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current information for each patient on their assigned unit. Conducts patient food service including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to meal service while complying with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients’ diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients’ food needs are met.
- After trays are passed, completes rounding to check on patients and address any additional needs. Retrieves trays from patients once meal is done.
- May assist dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. May need to exhibit ability to compute ratio, and percent.
- Possesses necessary skills to effectively operate hospital’s admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system and other computer-based systems, which manage patient-care records.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of customer service
- Additional languages a plus
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.