Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Performs work in the preparing, painting, finishing and maintenance of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures. Responsible for preparation of surfaces for painting and finishing, application of undercoats and finish coats using a full range of application methods and materials
· Prepares wall & ceiling surfaces (patches holes, sanding, etc.) for finishes, including level 4-5 finishes. Move furniture and the removal & installation of wall hangings
· Paint interior and exterior surfaces or applying other coatings (stains, etc.)
· Protects work areas. Sets up containment measures to assure compliance with infection prevention.
· Removes and installs commercial wall coverings (wallpaper)
· Install and Replace panes of glass in doors
· Disposal of hazardous materials in a manner that complies with all regulations
· Perform other related duties as required
· 3 years commercial painting including working with lead paint required
· Ability to read and speak English required
· Valid Lead Paint Certification
· Works above ground level on scaffolding and ladders
· Follow all OSHA regulations
· Familiar with spraying applications
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.