Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
Podiatry Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
This position would be to support the HHCMG Podiatric Surgery Department at Hartford Hospital. Scope of practice would include daily rounds, consults, admissions, discharges, and wound care of Podiatric patients/cases at Hartford Hospital as well as Hartford Hospital emergency room.
· Comprehensive diagnosis and wound assessment of patients
· Ordering appropriate lab tests, imaging studies, radiographic and other cardiac imaging studies, interpret lab, imaging studies, maintain currency in advanced cardiac life support
· Coordinate care of assigned patients including nursing care, nutrition, medications, dressings and adjunctive wound therapies
· Review patient charts, write progress notes, tabulate data, and complete other required medical record documentation
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Competitive compensation
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
· Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
· Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
· Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
· Certification or eligible to be certified as a National Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner through a national board certification.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.