St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Under direct supervision of the Housekeeping/Environmental Services manager, performs work of ordinary difficulty and assumes responsibilities in the area of Housekeeping/Environmental Services. General cleaning and routine related activities in assigned areas according to the department standards, policies and procedures. Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
· Cleans and sanitizes environment by completing daily, cycle, periodic, and project cleaning using appropriate equipment, chemicals and supplies, to provide a clean and safe environment.
· Collects, transports and disposes of municipal, recycled and regulated medical waste. As required, segregates and packages waste to comply with all local, state and federal regulations regarding waste management.
· Transports, moves and delivers furniture, equipment and other hospital related items as needed, using carts, hand trucks and dollies, in a safe manner.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to communicate effectively required
· Must be able to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
· Must have the ability to operate standard cleaning equipment such as (carts, burnishes, buffers auto-machines, vacuum cleaners, wet vacuums and other related equipment) as trained.
· Must have the ability to remain calm in a fast –paced environment and handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work well with all levels of patients, the public, and other health care workers.
· Exhibits initiative, flexibility and teamwork.
· High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Work Experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.