St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Provides routine support services such as preparing patient trays, assisting with food preparation, replenishing supplies, washing dishes, and operating equipment in the cafeteria such as the cash register, cash handling, and/or patient tray service areas. Maintains proper sanitation of food service areas and equipment and adheres to stringent food handling procedures.
· Performs assigned routine food service tasks in a specific area under close supervision to meet food service demands.
o Prepares patient trays
o Assists with food preparation
o Replenishes supplies
o Washes dishes and equipment
o Serves food
o Delivers patient trays
· Operates kitchen and cafeteria equipment such as a turbo chef, panini machine, pizza oven, cash register and dish machine.
· Assists in the serving of hot and cold food and handles such food according to strict procedures and departmental codes to avoid contamination.
· Attends and participates in departmental meetings and in-services to promote continuous improvement for self and the department.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English
· Basic math skills
· Wears appropriate shoes and PPE (gloves) in all food service areas to avoid injury
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.