Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Windham Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 75 years, Windham Hospital has treated patients with the latest high-tech equipment, operated by some of the most skilled and compassionate medical professionals available. We seek to meet the total healthcare needs of people from throughout Northeastern Connecticut. Our staff members are proud to live and work in this area, and are committed to providing quality healthcare to our community.
This position is responsible for coordinating, scheduling and oversight of staffing for all of Patient Care Services. Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing of 7 units (over 240 employees), identifies if appropriate resources are available to provide safe staffing and makes recommendations to the PCS leadership team.
1.Understand the staffing requirements of the Hospital, anticipates over/understaffed situations and coordinates appropriate remedy with minimal supervision
2. Have a thorough understanding of (2) separate collective bargaining agreements with the ability to independently and appropriately apply both contracts to meet staffing requirements
3. Partners with Nurse Managers/Supervisor/PCS Leadership to help forecast and anticipate future staffing needs. This entails ensuring that off-shift and weekend staffing is both appropriate and communicated
4. Receives calls from staff, continuously assesses the needs of the hospital to ensure the appropriate number of resources are available to safely provide care.
5. Have a detailed understanding of Kronos with the ability to use the system as it relates to scheduling and payroll applications. Understands and applies the various pay-rules as they apply to normal work and any special circumstances that arise. This includes ensuring schedules and time worked is correctly coded, accurate and ready for manager approval.
6. Assists unit managers with attendance monitoring and provides bi-weekly reports regarding punctuality.
Education: High School Diploma required
Experience: 1 year of employment in a healthcare field that required scheduling of staff/appointments. Previous experience with staff scheduling/timekeeping (Kronos) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
• Proficient use of computer programs (Microsoft Office), Outlook email and multiple computer applications used for scheduling/payroll
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision.
• High level of interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and a demonstrated ability to interact successfully on the telephone with the ability to both understand and apply contract language.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.