New Britain General
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Patient Financial Assistance Coordinator assess infusion patients’ financial needs identified by the treatment plan, or that are referred by infusion support services or providers, and personal interview. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
· Assist identified patients with obtaining current and potential medical insurance, pharmaceutical assistance programs, foundation grants, state and federal financial assistance to provide financial support as needed.
· Collaborates with social work, nurse navigators, prior authorization specialists, pharmacy, and HHC revenue cycle.
· Regularly maintain contact with patients in order to offer explanation of expenses and claim processing related to care provided in medical oncology, infusion and radiation therapy.
· High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· 2 Years in Healthcare Revenue Cycle setting and customer service required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Review patient insurance for current benefits and potential coverage
· Meet with patients to assess patient financial liability
· Review and secure expanded insurance coverage and financial assistance for patient needs
· Accurately post assistance received to patient accounts
· Work in collaboration with revenue cycle to resolve patient billing issues and post patient grant funds
· Work in collaboration with Social Worker to assist with completion of medical grant applications
· Provide patient education and communicate regularly concerning EOB review
· Present community education and outreach programs related to financial assistance when needed.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.