MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Regional Business & Operations Manager has responsibility and accountability for business matters required for the efficient operation and management of all acute Inpatient Nursing Departments in the Central Region of Hartford Healthcare at The Hospital of Central Connecticut & MidState Medical Center. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following: finance, information technology, process improvement and regulatory oversight. Oversees and manages all data & analytic request, quality improvement initiatives, information systems, business planning, position request, and capital budget preparation.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Management, Analytics, Health Administration, Public Health, or related discipline preferred
· Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in process improvement, finance and business operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity
· Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and networking skills with an ability to identify and solve operational problems and support the mission and vision of HHC.
· Demonstrated experience with Lean methodology and Project management
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong and strategic business relationships.
· Strong financial acumen, proven ability to connect the linkages of the project results to the financial and business benefits.
· Persuasive, collaborative business acumen.
· Executive presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment.
· Knowledge of project and change management principles and terms.
· Demonstrated service excellence and customer service orientation
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.