Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Community Care Clinic (CCC) is located at 132 Jefferson Street, at Hartford Hospital. CCC clinic sees around 4,000 patient visits annually with an average of 30-40 patients per day. The Division of Infectious Diseases provides inpatient and outpatient consultation regarding the diagnosis and management of all types of infectious diseases. Our staff includes Attending Physicians, Fellows, Psychiatry, Psych Residents, Social Worker, Nutritionist, Pharmacy Liaison, APRNs, RNs, MA/MAAs, Case Managers and Program Manager who provide compassionate care to a diverse population of patients. CCC is a Ryan White funded program. A majority of our patients are bilingual, with Spanish being their primary language, and have healthcare coverage under Medicaid. Our specialists are skilled at treating many infectious conditions, including HIV infection, Hepatitis, fever of unknown origin, recurrent infections or rashes of unknown type or origin, Influenza, opportunistic infections in patients who are immunosuppressed due to acquired or congenital immunodeficiency, transplant or other medical condition. CCC guides patients through the health system, including appropriate referrals for services to other health professionals. CCC also has additional programs such as Addiction Medicine and a Tobacco Cessation Program, as well as a Travel Clinic.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician, the Medical Assistant performs delegated functions as a member of the patient care team to provide a variety of multi-skilled services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory, state and company standards, policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant will be primarily responsible for the rooming of patients, obtaining vital signs, assisting the physician or Nurse Practitioner in performing gynecologic examinations, minor surgical procedures, phlebotomy, obtaining pre-certification and pre-authorizations for surgeries and specialized testing. The Medical Assistant will be responsible to cover the front administrative office when needed and will be required to answer phones, schedule appointments, sign in and discharge patients, copying and faxing as necessary. Reports to the assigned supervisor.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program OR an active CT CNA, EMT, Paramedic or Medic Certification OR relative experience as outlined below.
• In lieu of education requirement, at least one year of experience in direct patient care (acute or ambulatory space) may be considered.
• Relevant experience or MA externship in a busy medical office. EPIC EMR experience preferred.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• All required credentials to be maintained throughout employment.
• Must be capable and willing to cover administrative front office staff depending on the department’s needs: scheduling appointments, answering telephones, signing in and discharging patients, copying and faxing
Knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office
• This position is located within a busy outpatient ambulatory care clinic setting. Must be able to multitask, possess outstanding communication and follow up skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.