Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Our current opening is for a per diem Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) with our acute care teams at Backus Hospital and Windham Hospital. Flexible scheduling; weekend, holiday and time off coverage. Evening/Weekday coverage a plus!
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) independently evaluates patient’s level of function and determines, develops, and implements individualized treatment goals and plans in alignment with the patient/caregiver goals. The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) determines treatment strategies and delivers Speech Language Therapy services that identify, restore, and rehabilitate disorders of communication, cognition and swallowing to maximize a patient’s safety and independence.
This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and application of speech therapy to maximize the patient's functional independence.
· Upon Physician referral, performs thorough evaluation of patient’s oral-motor strength/agility, motor speech, voice, deglutition, auditory comprehension, reading comprehension, verbal expression, written expression, memory, problem solving and attention. Evaluates the existence, nature, and severity of speech, language and/or hearing disorders.
· Establish measurable goals with the patient/family based on appropriate patient care protocols and critical paths in order to meet patient needs.
· Implement, deliver and delegate patient care by utilizing appropriate interventions and age-specific interventions and treatments through selected activities and exercises.
· Provides patient and caregiver education regarding treatment, precautions, and equipment use
· Participates in patient transition planning and/or patient discharge planning including recommendations to community resources to meet patient needs throughout the continuum of care. Help to coordinate patient care with other care providers such as Rehab Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, and other community resources as related to care transition planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the entire patient care team
· Requires the ability to exercise discretion and use good judgment to perform duties promptly and consistently with little direction.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Requires high level of analytical ability in order to gather and interpret information from various sources.
· Able to take appropriate actions in response to changes, circumstances ability concerning the daily activities of the position.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.