Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The East Region of Hartford HealthCare consists of Backus Hospital and Windham Hospital which are the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities
The Human Resources Representative provides a wide variety of human resources support and assists in the daily operation of the Human Resources Office. Responsibilities include but, may not be limited to the following:
· Act as a liaison between employees and the HHC Employee Service Center (i.e., KRONOS/payroll, benefits, compensation, central leave, talent acquisition)
· Respond to and triage all HR inquiries as appropriate, which may include basic policy interpretation and first level progressive discipline guidance to managers, stay interviews, exit interviews and focus groups, unemployment
· Assist in the collection and compilation of various HR metrics, reports and analytics
· Partner with Employee Relations Consultant to receive and effect policy updates, and publish revised policies in the appropriate electronic policy management system
· Orientation & Onboarding Process to include supporting HHC New Colleague Orientation in Wallingford; Coordinate and conduct East Region local New Colleague Orientation; manage employee I-9; act as point of contact to maintain and ensure all content is up-to-date
•Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 1-3 years of business experience - preferably in Human Resources
• Strong problem-solving abilities and tenacity to build solutions from scratch
• Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
· Travel to various locations in the East Region as needed
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.