Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Come join Hartford HealthCare and work where every moment matters!
Windham Hospital is actively hiring Registered Nurses for our Med Surg and Orthopedic units with the opportunity to train to the Progressive Care Unit level of care. Experienced nurses, student nurses and recent graduate nurses are encouraged to apply.
Windham Hospital doesn’t just take great care of our patients; we take great care of our Registered Nurses too.
• Nurse Residency program for all graduate nurses
• Up to $10K Sign-on Bonus for nurses with more than one (1) year of acute RN experience hired into 24+ hour positions
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and health insurance packages
• Tuition Reimbursement and Higher Education partnerships with Quinnipiac, Post University, Salve Regina, Elms College, Sacred Heart University and University of Hartford offering discounts to employees
• 401K with generous company match
• No Mandating or required off-shift rotations
• Free on-site parking
At Windham Hospital, we are focused on supporting our colleagues. Our Registered Nurses have the opportunity to practice at the top of their license, using research, innovation and evidence-based practices. We offer our Graduate Registered Nurses clinical instruction and additional learning opportunities as they complete the yearlong Nurse Resident program.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing school. Upcoming graduate nurses are encouraged to apply prior to graduation.
• Current Connecticut RN license OR new grads may work temporarily with pending licensure per State of CT DPH Graduate Nurse guidelines
• BLS certification by the American Heart Association
On the Shea unit, our team of professionals provides skilled, compassionate care to our patients in a specialized, multi-level, inpatient unit. Our main 30-bed medical-surgical and telemetry unit is the core of our department with additional beds for step-down/PCU and orthopedic patients. We are a collaborative, multidisciplinary care team who are proud to serve our community.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving colleagues - we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.