St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 associates. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Applies paints, stains, and other surface treatments to structural surfaces and property.
• Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer and related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment and other property.
• Prepares surfaces by washing, scraping, sanding, torching and/or smoothing prior to applying finishing materials.
• Maintains existing paint surfaces by matching/tinting appropriate paint products.
• Maintains equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition.
• Properly stores, cleans and disposes of all supplies and equipment used according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Trade School Graduate
• Three to five year Painting, Finishing experience.
• Knowledge of wallpaper installation preferred, as well as other finishes, preparation, installation, and maintenance.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.