Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Description - External
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Responsible for providing Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with the plan of care developed by an Occupational Therapist. Coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community resources. Responsible for keeping Occupational Therapist informed of patient status and changes in patient condition so that an Occupational Therapist can make appropriate adjustments to the Occupational Therapy plan of care. Responsible for clinical and reimbursement documentation.
• Manages a patient caseload on a daily basis.
• Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, performs treatment modalities as indicated according to the plan or care as established by the Occupational Therapist.
• Implements plan of care to provide safe, efficient quality care to patients on a daily basis, reporting any changes to the Occupational Therapist.
• Coordinates patient care with other Agency personnel and community resources as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
• Consults with the Occupational Therapist regarding the outcome of home visits and reports physical findings in written format on the appropriate Agency forms.
• Organizes and prioritizes caseload needs on a daily basis to ensure that patient needs and Agency productivity standards are met.
• Keeps Occupational Therapist informed in a timely manner regarding weekly caseload and/or patient problems so that patient care and staffing needs are consistently met.
• Demonstrate understanding of after hour procedures, and educate patients to on-call / afterhours coverage.
• Responsible for clinical and reimbursement documentation to reflect Agency policy and procedure and the delivery of quality and safe Home Care.
• Prepares and keeps legible records current, on a daily basis, providing all written information regarding service record, visit and non-visit time, statistical sheets and communicates with all services, according to expected timeframes.
• Collects and documents necessary financial and reimbursement information for each patient and provides verbal and written communication as required, to Agency personnel and other reimbursement sources.
• Tracks authorizations from payers and alerts Occupational Therapist when authorizations expire or when payers require Occupational Therapy status updates.
Qualifications - External
Education & Training:
Graduate of an accredited school with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Current Connecticut license to practice Occupational Therapy.
Three (3) year's experience preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of Occupational Therapy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians, and co-workers.
• Ability to deal effectively with stress and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Valid motor vehicle operator license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.