New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Advanced Practitioner Benefits:
Hartford Healthcare is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their Hospitalist Team. The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will provide care for the Hartford HealthCare Central Region which includes The Hospital of Central Connecticut, MidState Medical Center, and Bradley Memorial Hospital. Responsibilities include admissions and providing cross coverage for the Hospitalist Team at night. The APP is responsible for the clinical management of patients, assuring timely communication and comprehensive collaboration, and is also responsible for Inpatient Management and hospital-based medical care.
Role: Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Location: 100 Grand Street, New Britain, 06050
Setting: Inpatient, hospitalist
Schedule: Full-time, nights, weekends, and holidays. 7 on/7 off
Call schedule: No call
Hartford HealthCare supports Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in practice:
· Dedicated support and voice for our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants through the Office of Advanced Practice directed by Sarah Clark, MBA, MHS, PA-C, BSN, RN, System Director of Advanced Practice
· Hartford HealthCare is one of the largest, non-profit, fully-integrated healthcare systems providing patient care in the state, allowing our providers to care for their patients no matter where they reside in Connecticut
· With tools like EPIC, Hartford HealthCare’s state of the art clinical and informatics technology promotes improved patient outcomes, streamlined continuity of care and superior provider satisfaction
About The Hospital of Central Connecticut:
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital with campuses in New Britain and Southington. While Advance Practice Practitioners and residents work collaboratively, each runs a separate surgical service. The focus of the resident (Red Team) service is on community elective and emergency surgery. With Level III Trauma designation, the referral base of the THOCC has expanded, so has patient volume and acuity.
About Hartford HealthCare:
· Honored as a “Best Organizations for Leadership Development” by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL)
· Prestigiously named one of the “Best Hospitals to Work for in Connecticut” by the Becker's Hospital Review
· Committed to continuous development through The Center for Education Stimulation & Innovation (CESI), our Provider Leadership Development Institute and a robust on demand learning platform including CME, special courses, learning series and tools and resources
· Established Mentorship and Orientation programs specially designed for newly hired providers and providers new to practice
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners perform routine physical examinations, and formulate medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patients.
In consultation with the physician(s) and care team members, Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners develop plans for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists.
Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners provide appropriate treatment for problems within the scope of the provider’s practice as designated by protocols and identifies problems outside of their scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
Interested candidates please contact Jennifer Straka, Advanced Practice Recruiter, at [email protected] or (860) 996-4441.