St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Ideal candidate has the ability to tell a story, has the willingness to make an ask and the passion for the mission not to mention a proven track record in frontline fundraising.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The Major Gifts Development Officer is responsible for developing and executing the strategy for fundraising in collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy, and key system leadership to ensure the successful implementation of philanthropy’s mission and goals, resulting in enhanced donor engagement and revenue growth. This position is responsible for a broad range of fundraising activities, but primarily responsible for planning to identify, cultivate and secure major gifts for SVMC and the Fairfield Region.
Fundraising and Portfolio Management
· Perform independent identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts prospects of $10,000+ to include 6-7 figure gifts.
· Build a portfolio of 100+ prospects and strategically manage relationships to close major gift solicitations, annual giving and planned giving.
· Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects that align with the strategic needs and priorities of SVMC.
· Engage leadership to identify needs and priorities.
· Cultivate relationships with medical staff, working alongside the VP to raise awareness on requesting funds.
Leadership & Strategic Initiatives
· Track and report fundraising progress in team meetings and provide as needed to leadership to ensure fundraising success, in partnership with the VP.
· Collaborate with staff to facilitate the identification and design of funding opportunities.
· Develop annual and individual strategic plan including goals and objectives.
Strategy & Planning
· Work closely with VP and leadership to help develop strategy for the foundation’s fundraising campaigns.
· Collaborate with management on identification of fundraising goals. Develop and implement plans for capital and major fundraising activities.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned such as event support.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional fundraising, project management, or comparable field.
· Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and standards.
· Proven success in cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
· A successful frontline fundraising or sales track record.
· Demonstrated ability to form and leverage relationships with prospects and donors.
· Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
· Professional competency.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Fundraising software experience, Raiser’s Edge DB preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.