Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
The Institute of Living (IOL) at Hartford Hospital is part of Hartford HealthCare’s Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health system in New England. We have a new opportunity available for a BE / BC Psychiatrist to join our cohesive multidisciplinary team at the IOL at Hartford Hospital, a 938-bed tertiary teaching hospital, located in Hartford, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
· Departmental Leadership role with educational, and research oversight at a freestanding academic center with several endowed research centers and training programs in psychiatry, child/adolescent psychiatry, consultation psychiatry, addiction medicine, psychology, and nursing.
· On-going collaboration and support through The Institute of Living at Hartford Hospital which is a national leader in comprehensive mental health treatment, research, and education.
· Supportive physician leadership that is excited to help foster professional development and growth.
· The Vice-Chair, Education/Psychiatrist will be responsible for stewardship and oversight of our multi-disciplinary educational mission including continuing professional education as well as our general psychiatry residency, child/adolescent fellowship, consultation/liaison fellowship, and addiction medicine fellowship. They will also collaborate with other leaders involved in our psychology training programs, nurse-practitioner training, and addiction-medicine fellowship.
· The Vice-Chair, Education/Psychiatrist will provide support and mentorship to the IOL’s Program Directors, Associate Directors, and Assistant Directors in educational leadership roles.
· The Vice-Chair, Education/Psychiatrist will participate in patient care, direct resident supervision and
· Applicants will be eligible for academic appointment through our affiliation with the University of Connecticut
· Candidates with a research background will have access to educational research infrastructure.
· Although it is not required, preference will be given to candidates who have advanced training/experience in medical and/or health professions education.
· Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits including low cost, high quality medical/dental, STD/LTD, matching 401(k), generous paid time off, CME, and more.
· Opportunities for additional paid call.
· Eligibility to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
· H1 Candidates are welcome to apply.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information:
E-mail Samuel McNeil, Physician Recruiter, [email protected] or call/text 860-637-5571.