St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the direction of the Registered Nurse, the nursing assistant is responsible for performing specific duties that support patient care, which includes direct and indirect patient care activities that are essential to providing a safe and efficient care environment.
This position must adhere to organizational safety practices and standards.
· Assists the RN and the nursing care team by performing nursing care measures that contribute to the daily management of patient care. Adheres to Organizational safety practices and standards in all aspects of role.
· Upholds infection prevention standards.
· Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties.
· Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired.
· Performs and assists with direct patient care: bathing, grooming, oral / denture care, perineal care, toileting, elimination, feeding, positioning, repositioning and ambulation.
· Obtains and records vital signs using the electronic medical record.
· Reports deviations and changes in patient status in a timely manner to the RN.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to appropriate patient population.
· Assists RN in maintaining unit standards by returning equipment properly labeled, maintaining a clean and safe unit environment, maintaining supplies and keeping hallways free of equipment and clutter.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
· Certified Heart Saver credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross and BLS obtained within 60 days of hire date or job transfer date.
· Must read, write, and speak English
· Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program preferred.
· Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) credentialed by CT Dept Public Health preferred.
· One year acute care hospital experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.