Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a leading provider of comprehensive resources in New England. The practice is recognized for its expertise and quality personalized care
Saint Vincent’s Medical Center
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University.
Hartford Healthcare Heart & Vascular Institute
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a Physician Assistant leader in Cardiology at St. Vincent’s Medical Center to coordinate an advanced level of comprehensive health care for cardiology patients under the leadership of the Director of Operations and the Chair of Cardiology. This role specifically oversees the work of the physician assistants in cardiology at St. Vincent’s Medical Center and takes a leadership role in overall program development and quality.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
· Clinical services as cardiac PA
· Provides overall clinical supervision, including work assignments, schedules, training and evaluation in accordance with specific, respective departmental policies and procedures.
· Monitors competency, documentation and outcomes of care given by Physician Assistants. Identifies ways to facilitate working relationships among all levels of staff to meet patient care requirements.
· Models appropriate judgment in the follow-up of patient care issues, including use of physician, nursing and/or administrative chain of command. Models effective leadership behaviors in the Lead PA role. Facilitates learning for other staff to become more effective in their role.
· Provides coaching and team building to increase employee productivity and satisfaction. Serves as a resource to staff for problem solving.
· Promotes professional development of staff.
· Identifies learning needs of staff. Orients new Physician Assistants. Develops department level education, including in-services and teaching materials.
· Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to patient care by following established applicable nursing, medical and cardiology standards.
· Actively participates in and leads discussion of quality results and patient feedback, problem solving and development of plans to improve quality of care and service. Follows up and supports efforts of colleagues to implement improvement action plans.
· Assists with the annual performance evaluations of cardiology PAs and recommends disciplinary measures when necessary.
· Interviews and recommends hiring of Physician Assistants for cardiology at SVMC.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare, newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Competitive Compensation
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Physician Assistant Requirements
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s Program
· Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant (PA-C) in the state of Connecticut
· 3-5+ years’ experience in Cardiology
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.