Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
Focuses on excellent internal and external customer service. Provides dedicated support to medical services as a member of a team. Serves as a liaison between medical staff and client’s to help coordinate care for clients and point of contact for pharmacies and other medical professionals. Manages schedules and meeting requests.
- Manages all medical service schedules including psychiatric evaluations, medication follow ups, physicals, medical appointments for MD/APRN/PA, Residents and Students. Routinely handles unexpected changes, emergencies, and issues resulting in disruption of the current schedule and exercises independent judgment to reschedule clients to sites that are able to accommodate them.
- Performs administrative duties, including but not limited to, handling calls from internal and external customers, maintaining schedules, researching and completing medication refill requests, obtaining prior authorizations, verifying release of information forms, ordering supplies, and obtaining MD/APRN/PA signatures on forms requiring those signatures.
- Coordinates appointments and manages overflow from MATCH sites. Exercises independent judgment to evaluate the situation at hand and determine which site to send the on-call physician, and whether to call in per diem staff to provide additional coverage when physicians are not available at the MATCH sites.
- Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, obtaining authorizations and resolving medication insurance issues for multiple sites. Independently evaluates insurance information and determines if a physician is needed to request a medication change in the event of insurance denial.
- Manages provider PTO requests and arranges coverage for different locations as needed. Tracks each provider’s hours to ensure they are using an appropriate amount of time. Notifies medical director(s) of any PTO concerns.
- Tracks and calculates provider productivity and reallocates provider resources as appropriate.
- Manages/coordinates injections for Middletown and MATCH sites. This is includes coordinating appointments, coordinating/tracking deliveries and inventory.
- Organizes and coordinates all support for meetings and functions, including Medical Operations meetings and other functions upon request.
- Creates and submits travel and expense reimbursement requests monthly for medical staff.
- Other duties as assigned: includes but is not limited to reviewing, updating, and maintaining standard works for medical staff processes to ensure they are accurate and up to date; administering injections for Middletown and MATCH sites (LPN only).
- High school diploma
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Three years' experience providing administrative support in a medical setting
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is preferred
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.