New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
Monday – Friday. Must be open to hours between 7:00am-7:00pm M-Th and 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Fridays.
This is a per diem position with travel to various outpatient rehab sites including New Britain, Plainville, Bristol, Newington, Southington and North Haven.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for providing professional customer service to ensure operational efficiency and promote a positive patient experience.
Responsible for Patient Scheduling, Pre-Registration, Registration, Insurance Verification, Insurance Authorization, and ensures patients have been cleared for Rehab Outpatient office visits.
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of secretarial, billing and clerical duties to include: utilizing the electronic medical record (EMR) to schedule follow up and specialty appointments and process patient charges, coordinating referrals, preparing the proper paperwork and collecting pertinent patient information, answering phones, performing other related duties as assigned. Provides administrative support to the office staff. Requires understanding of Rehab procedures, and patient history requirements for Rehab procedures.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Basic computer operating knowledge and basic math skills for handling monetary transactions required.
· Highly preferred: Medical office experience, advanced secretarial education, knowledge of medical terminology, authorization and third-party billing/reimbursement.
· Exemplary customer service skills.
· Excellent interpersonal written and verbal skills are required.
· Ability to work and handle a fast-paced diversified working environment.
· Requires effective organizational and interpersonal skills needed for anticipating and reacting to various needs of both patients and medical personnel.
· Ability to multi-task and address multiple priorities simultaneously.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.