Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is a community dedicated to the HHC Mission: “improve the health and healing of the people and communities we serve.” Our mission is achieved through a shared vision, living our core values of Integrity, Caring, Excellence, and Safety, and operating under guidelines to humanistic, collaborative and accountable behavior known as “H3W Leadership Behaviors.” Successful candidates will live this fundamental framework in the work they do every day as employee of Hartford HealthCare.
The Strategy & Planning Specialist provides an exciting opportunity to support to the entire Strategic Planning department to ensure HHC is successful in achieving its Mission, Vision, and Values. The Strategy & Planning Specialist supports the department through research, data analysis, regional and institute support, and financial proforma development. Furthermore, the role also supports senior and executive leadership as well as partnering divisions including HHC Innovation, HHC Ambulatory Network Development, HHC Finance, and HHC Partnership Integration. This highly analytical position reports to the Manager of Strategic Planning and will work closely with HHC Senior and Executive leadership in driving strategic initiatives throughout the health system. The right candidate will demonstrate a proven ability and willingness to interpret data and present findings to project stakeholders. Success in this role will provide an opportunity to hone key financial and strategic planning skills necessary to assessing an evolving healthcare landscape, while working within a team dedicated to developing early careerists. Success in this role would require a highly motivated individual who takes initiative and is looking for a career launchpad in healthcare leadership.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. System Strategy Support
· Provide support to the Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Vice President of Strategy and System integration, Senior Directors, and Directors by producing financial proformas, data analysis, market intelligence and research reports.
· Develop and maintain profiles of industry competitors and potential partners, as well as provide key insights that will be used by senior leadership.
· Participate in the development of environmental assessments, identifying key industry trends.
· Research, accumulate and evaluate all pertinent clinical, operational, financial and market data regarding the feasibility of new service offerings, the expansion of existing service lines, and in support of M&A activity.
· Support specific service lines (HHC Institutes) and geographic areas (HHC Regions) as needed through the creation of monthly Business Unit Review reports highlighting key performance indicators, as well as financial proformas and data analysis for business plan development.
2. Ad Hoc Data Reporting Analysis
· Support the Strategic Planning Department by producing ad hoc analysis and reports that will be utilized to support senior level decision-making regarding strategic initiatives.
· Utilize a variety of data sources including Qlikview, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, the Connecticut Hospital Association CHIME database, and various other data sources to analyze and monitor market activity.
3. National and State Market Research and Regulatory Surveys
Assist in completion of various surveys across the health system. These include, the American Hospital Association and Modern Healthcare annual surveys, as well as a variety of surveys from the Office of Health Care Access, Bureau of the Census, and CT Department of Public Health.
Requirements and Specifications:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, finance, accounting, or other related field is preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment, creativity and initiative.
· Knowledge of healthcare industry and the changing healthcare environment.
· Ability to influence decision making, team player.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.