Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
In order to provide support to patients based on personal experience, a Recovery Support Specialist performs many different tasks. The Recovery Support Specialist first and foremost uses their personal experiences in recovery to develop meaningful and trusting relationships with patients, acting as a mentor. As someone who successfully managed their own recovery, the Recovery Support Specialist provides patients an example of what they can strive for in their recovery.
The Recovery Support Specialist works to build a community of both clients and staff that is supportive and conducive to patient growth and recovery. They assist in the creation and implementation of social activities and utilization of technology recovery applications to help create a positive environment for everyone.
Recovery Support Specialists link up with various community organizations and resources to provide additional support for patients, particularly as they transition from recovery back into the general community. This can include continued peer recovery support (i.e. AA/NA), healthcare, housing, job assistance, and additional treatment services as well as support in the task of finding or re-integrating with friends, family, and outside communities.
Job Responsibilities1. Through collaboration with the client and other service providers, assesses needs and develops an Individualized Recovery Plan (IRP).
2. Utilizing recovery oriented interventions/services ensures effective progress toward the IRP Goals.
3. Provides education and consultation to the Clinical Support Team with respect to client centered approaches.
4. Provides instruction and skills training in illness and recovery management to clients and their families.
5. Provides engagement in natural support networks and activities relating to community integration.
6. Works with Housing Supports Program to assists clients with finding, obtaining, and retaining safe, affordable and decent housing.
7. Assists clients in arranging transportation (to clinical, medical and any other appointments deemed necessary.
8. Performs all required duties regarding the maintenance of all program-related and administrative data/reports, statistical records and other data collection activities as specified by Rushford
9. Prepares appropriate documentation to meet DMHAS PR program and other funding requirements. Maintains all client records including progress notes, service plans and releases.
10. Works under the general supervision of a licensed behavioral health professional.
11. Performs other duties as may be required.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.