Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Patient Financial Services Remittance Processing Department posts and reconciles insurance carrier and patient payments for patients cared for at the Hartford Health Care hospitals. This department contributes to a positive patient experience by ensuring payments are posted timely and accurately.
The Account Analyst is responsible for review and correct Medicare RTP edits in FISS system, accurate and timely processing and posting of payments and adjustments from insurance companies, patients, and vendors; daily balancing; monthly reconciliation; analysis of postings when necessary. Works effectively as a team member and takes initiative and action to respond and resolve inquiries in a timely manner. Accountable for outstanding customer service that drives quality.
Position is located on the Newington Campus.
· High school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred.
· 3+ years Medicare billing experience, homecare preferred
· One to two years of previous hospital or medical patient accounts experience.
· Knowledge of basic accounting principles, previous medical remittance posting experience, and daily balancing of postings and deposits preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail with the ability to perform and work within scheduled deadlines is required.
· Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.