Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Excellence, Safety, Caring, Integrity…. What do you value?
Join us at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values, we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a provider led medical group which enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care and urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
· In collaboration with attending surge, this role is responsible for providing skilled health care to patients in a variety of clinical settings, and facilitating clinical management of patients by collaborating with attending surgeons, clinical nurses and other members of health care team.
· Scope of responsibility is characterized by use of nursing process to assess, plan, evaluate and treat human responses to actual or potential surgical problems utilizing appropriate practices, standards, protocols and guidelines.
· Provides direct patient care in office consultations, including assessment, work-ups, triage, emergency work-ins, and other patient care activities
· Obtains and documents health history, performs and documents physical exam, and orders and interprets diagnostic tests
· Provides counseling to patients regarding diagnosis and expected course of treatment
· Collaborates with physicians to provide appropriate direct care interventions within scope of practice
· Collects, organizes, records, and discusses data as appropriate and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine
· Prescribes pharmaceuticals according to patient needs and conducts appropriate patient follow-up & outreach
· Ensures timely retrieval of laboratory and ancillary studies and diagnostic consultation reports
· Consults with appropriate internal and external staff to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive care
· Full Time - flexible
· No call
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
· Practitioners are trained with on the job and extensive support of Continuing Medical Education (CME) through active programming, reimbursement, and sponsored professional society memberships.
· Licensure and certification reimbursement
· Competitive salary
· Tuition reimbursement programs.
Advanced Practitioners Qualifications
· Master’s Degree in Nursing
· National Certification in Advanced Practice and current CPR certification
· Current State of CT APRN license with prescriptive authority and current DEA number & 100% attendance to maintain annual mandatory skill updates
· 1+ year experience preferred, new graduates will be considered.