Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
The Physician Support Associate provides a full range of varied, multi-skilled project, clinical, and administrative support to the Physician and associated Physician practice. Provides executive assistance to the Physician. Provides project and data reporting support to the Physician. In addition, ensures excellent patient experience by greeting, screening, registering, and scheduling patients, as well as ensuring all necessary pre-authorizations are complete. Responsible for surgical follow up for hospital-based procedure for discharged patients. Coordination of scheduling including pre/post-surgery appointments for instructions to the patient.
· Provides high level administrative support to Physicians.
Prepare, draft and finalize correspondence. Compose routine correspondence
· Provide high-level assistance with creating, managing and/or formatting documents
· Expedite priority matters. Respond promptly to routine and complex inquiries.
· Provide project support
· Communicates with patient to provide pre- and post-surgery instructions, and obtain completed consent forms and required tests or preparations needed prior to surgery
· Ensures necessary H&P, blood work and other patient tests are completed
· Keeps physician and clinical staff informed regarding pre-op testing and maintains updated documentation and charts available for physician review
· Works collaboratively with pre-registration staff to register patients, collect co-pays, and verify insurance and personal information
· Contacts insurance company to obtain pre-certification of surgeries based on booking sheet and documents in computer for assigned surgical cases (ALIF)
· Provides back-up support to other schedulers and performs other related duties in support of efficient operations
· Function as a point person, interacting in a courteous manner with patients, providers, and all practice staff in the coordination of patient care. Answer incoming calls. Greet and register arriving patients. Obtain all relevant patient information. Obtain current, complete and accurate patient insurance information. Obtain all necessary authorizations for first time and follow up appointments, and ensure all necessary documentation is present in the medical record.
· May provide coaching and training to new Patient Service Coordinators and Medical Assistants.
· Performs the duties of a Medical Assistant
· Support MD during clinical session, reviewing MD schedule for appropriate consults and follow up visits. Reschedule patients as appropriate.
· Ensure new consults, follow up, preoperative appointments have appropriate imaging and outside documents uploaded into EPIC/Sectra prior to appointments.
· Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
· Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
· Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
· Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
· Responsible for performing such duties as phlebotomy, patient scheduling, EKG's, collection of specimens, taking vital signs and assisting physicians or other providers under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
· Assists with clerical functions to facilitate departmental operations including answering phone and scheduling patients and processing orders.
· Responsible for maintenance of supplies, equipment, stocking exam rooms and monitoring environment.
· Diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credential or current CNA or EMT
· 3 years of previous high-level secretarial / clinical experience.
· Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office product suite.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.