Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday - Friday 8:00a-4:30p
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Assist and support the residency program directors (PDs) and associate program directors (APDs) in the development and implementation of the rural psychiatry residency training programs. Coordinates the recruitment of residents to the program, and manages the program aspects of the residency application process for both programs.
- Collaborates with PDs/APDs and Hartford HealthCare Affiliates to assure compliance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) psychiatry and family medicine specialties, common and relevant institutional requirements. Provides educational coordination between Department Chiefs/Directors, attending physicians, the QU FHN SOM, the SVMC GME Office, and the ACGME office.
- Provides administrative support to PDs/APDs.
- Coordinates the recruitment of new residents including initial screening of applications to ensure qualification and scheduling interviews with candidates and faculty.
- Coordinates required documentation for onboarding of new residents, working with the SVMC GME Office and HH Medical Education Office to include provisioning, completing documentation for visa sponsorship, EPIC training, licensing, etc.
- Coordinates logistics and planning and is actively involved in the annual new resident orientation, as well as sessions for rising PGY-2, PGY-3, and PGY-4 residents.
- Provides administrative oversight for the psychiatry programs, including but not limited to resident evaluations, program curriculum development, preparing reports, handling inquiries, maintaining current program manuals, maintaining program files, scheduling meetings, and assisting with requests for verification of training. Maintains resident records, required documentation and accreditation documentation.
- Maintains/works with applicable residency program databases/systems [i.e. ACGME, ERAS, NRMP, GME Track, Web ADS, ABFM, New Innovations (for rotation evaluation assignments, clinical education (duty) hours, education, sick time, vacation time), AMION, HealthStream, Medical Risk Management (MRM), Other].
- Plans, coordinates and implements the logistics of resident events.
- Performs other program & GME related responsibilities as assigned/deemed by supervisor/manager to meet the needs of the training program and departmental objectives.
- Associates Degree or equivalent, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a high level secretarial/administrative role supporting a complex department, function or group of professionals.
- Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education (TAGME) Certification preferred, but not required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.