Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
32 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
32 hour per week Patient Observer (sitter), can be 8 hour day, evening, night or rotating. Every other weekend, every other holiday.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Promotes patient safety and comfort through one-to-one monitoring or continual patient observation and care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Provides constant or close observation of the patient(s).
- Maintains clean, safe and orderly environment conducive to patient safety and comfort. Adheres to infection control policy as required.
- Communicates critical patient behaviors and needs to clinical staff and/or nursing staff as necessary.
- Provides patient care to the extent allowed by the individual’s clinical training and expertise and/or delegated by a registered nurse.
- Performs other related duties as required
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information in English.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Ability to complete the documentation required for continuous observation and appropriate checks for behavioral patients.
- Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Must have the ability to actively engage patients as permitted by their medical condition.
- Ability to use proficient communication with members of the healthcare delivery team and with patients. Uses communication skills to foster a healthy work environment and facilitate positive patient outcomes and experience.
- Competent with hospital equipment as directed or required for patient care.
- Learns and applies knowledge of care for age specific populations.
- Ability to work in an environment with high activity and multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to respond to changes in work schedules as necessary or as requested.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.