Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Manages a work area or specific function to ensure that a high quality, cost-effective product or service is delivered by the department in support of the hospital’s strategic plan. Provides clinical expertise in all aspects of Respiratory Care with focus on promoting growth and development of health care team members, enhancing quality, cost-effective care and promoting interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve patient, health care team, department and organizational goals.
- Clinical Manager
- Business Manager
Work as managers in both administrative and medical capacities to ensure that the respiratory establishment runs at maximum efficiency.
Key areas of Responsibility
• Oversees day-to-day activities of assigned staff to ensure quality, patient service and/or customer service objectives are achieved and performance goals in support of the operating plan. Assigns, reviews, and modifies assigned work tasks. Ensures that protocols and work rules are upheld and followed in day-to-day operations. Coaches and mentors employees; provides employees with tools and process to work more effectively and efficiently. Prepares and conducts performance reviews and provides input to administrative personnel actions for assigned staff
• Contributes to the development of meaningful goals and objectives for the department that align with the strategic direction of the organization by analyzing needs and developing recommendations. Communicates the goals and objectives to the staff and monitors progress during the year.
• Creates and maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by identifying customers and their needs, ensuring that needs are met, responding appropriately to difficult interactions, and educating the staff on the importance of quality customer service. Effectively and continually communicates with the staff, management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees, department, function, and the organization.
• Perform all functions of a Respiratory Therapist and is recognized clinical expert/resource in all aspects of Respiratory Care. Impacts work unit or project team, inappropriate decisions may have a moderate impact causing delays in operations, increased financial expense or patient/customer dissatisfaction, with short-term consequences
• Serves as liaison to health care teams and all respiratory related patient care issues and care plans, facilitates flow of information from collaborative management teams, healthcare teams and committees to members of self-directed work teams.
• Establishes performance expectations; coaches, develops, and evaluates performance to enable employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual and department objectives. Informs and advises superior on hiring and disciplinary actions.
• Maintains department orientation and education records. Assesses the educational needs of the department and plans/conducts training to meet those needs in conjunction with educators /supervisors.
• Develops and administers competencies for new employee orientation, specialty care orientation, annual employee evaluation, policies and procedures and equipment; recommends changes in content based on needs assessment, changes in procedures and equipment, changes in regulatory standards, and changes in medical practice.
Baccalaureate Degree (Must obtain within 1 years hired into the role).
Master’s Degree preferred
Requires: 3-5 years of experience working as RRT and advanced knowledge obtained through additional training and certifications.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) granted by The National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
• Valid State of Connecticut Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
• Active member of the American Association of Respiratory Care
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BLS)
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
• Asthma Educator Certification (AE-C)
• Pulmonary Disease Educator certification
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor certification
• Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) specialist
• Current Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS) certification by The National Board for Respiratory Care
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.