Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30pm. Position may require travel 1-2 days/week to MidState Medical Center/The Hospital of Central Connecticut. Remote/hybrid optional 1 day/week
Work where every moment matters.
Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute is actively looking for an Oncology Social Worker (LMSW) to join their dynamic team in Torrington, CT.
Hartford HealthCare doesn’t just take great care of our patients, we take great care of our employees too. At Hartford HealthCare, we offer:
- Newly Revised Competitive Hourly Rates
- Tuition Reimbursement after just 6 months of employment and up to 40% reimbursement with Quinnipiac University for colleague AND dependents
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Ample opportunities for advancement
The Outpatient Oncology Social Worker (LMSW) will plan, organize, and implement social work services to patients and their families to assist them in meeting social and emotional problems arising in connection with illness or hospitalization.
- Conducts psycho-social assessments and provide interventions to patients and their families to eliminate potential barriers to care and access to support services.
- Ability to multi-task various time-sensitive patient needs and provide appropriate recommendations and referrals, include needs for emotional support, advanced directives, financial assistance, disability, transportation, and insurance
- Documents clinical interventions in the EMR and adheres to regulatory compliance processes including mandated reporting laws as applicable
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with multiple disciplines and departments in the outpatient and inpatient setting, as well as community partners
- Builds relationships with patients, families and healthcare teams to coordinate and advocate on behalf of patients’ goals of care
- Educate patients and families about advance care directives, and resource options from diagnosis through end of life
- Participates in formal and informal clinical case reviews, clinical supervision, educational seminars and research projects
- Master's degree in Social Work (LMSW)
- Connecticut LMSW required
- Acute care and/or oncology experience desired
- Minimum of one year of casework experience highly preferred
- Excellent engagement, assessment, and collaborative skills, with ability to work flexibly in a high-volume, fast-paced setting
- Strong assessment, crisis intervention and treatment skills
- Competence in abuse/neglect/violence, trauma, grief loss and bereavement
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.