Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Under direct supervision of the Housekeeping/Environmental Services manager, performs work of ordinary difficulty and assumes responsibilities in the area of Housekeeping/Environmental Services. General cleaning and routine related activities in assigned areas according to the department standards, policies and procedures. Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
• Must have the ability to operate standard cleaning equipment such as (carts, burnishers, buffers auto-machines, vacuum cleaners, wet vacuums and other related equipment) as trained.
• Ability to remain calm in a fast –paced environment and handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with all levels of patients, the public, and other health care workers.
• Exhibits initiative, flexibility and teamwork.
• Works collaboratively with co-workers, nursing and others to enhance the Patient Experience.
• Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
• Ability to follow and adhere to all hospital and department policies, procedures and training requirements.
• Promotes the mission, vision and values of Hartford HealthCare
• Ability to follow all Hospital Safety and Infection Prevention policies and procedures in performing duties, to include but not limited to emergency situations, internal or external disasters.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to communicate effectively
High School Diploma or Equivalent
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.