Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare (HHC), with a total operating revenue of $5B, leverages its unified culture to enhance access, affordability, equity and expertise. Its care-delivery system, with more than 400 locations serving 185 towns and cities, includes two tertiary-level teaching hospitals, an acute-care community teaching hospital, an acute-care hospital and trauma center, three community hospitals, the state’s most extensive behavioral health network, a large multispecialty physician group, a clinical care organization, a regional home care system, Connecticut’s largest array of senior care services, and a comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation network. On average, Hartford HealthCare touches more than 17,000 lives every single day. The unique, system-wide Institute Model offers a unified high standard of care in crucial specialties at hospital and ambulatory sites across Connecticut. The Institutes include Cancer, Heart and Vascular, Ayer Neuroscience, Orthopedics and Tallwood Urology.
The Vice President of Finance, serving as a member of the Central Region Executive Leadership team, will work with leadership in a highly collaborative environment on key business, financial, and operational matters, special initiatives and participating in business unit and region-wide strategy development, planning, and decision-making. The Vice President will develop and execute both short and long-term financial management plans/strategies which will enable the organization to maximize the potential of its financial resources to meet changes in healthcare economics and achieve organizational objectives. Working in conjunction with the system Senior Vice President of Financial Operations, the Vice President will provide strategic and operational leadership and direction of the financial management, budgeting, and forecasting activities of the Central Region.
- Coordinates with System Accounting and is involved in the monthly preparation and issuance of monthly and annual financial reports; supports Annual external audit as necessary
- In conjunction with System resources oversees the approval and processing of revenues and expenditures while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. Maintains appropriate internal control safeguards and maintains records in accordance with GAAP and System policies
- Develops and directs the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems as appropriate to the objectives of the organization. Collaborate with other managers and provide consultative support to planning or operational initiatives through financial information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Interprets, implements and coordinates finance, accounting, and billing procedures within the Central Region to improve upon performance
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness with modification where needed
- Collaborates with end users and Supply Chain Management on major acquisitions of supplies and capital to ensure needs are met
- Works with Patient Financial Services and Compliance departments to effectively manage the Revenue Cycle to ensure maximum compliant revenue capture. Serves as key accountable liaison with the System’s Revenue Cycle team
- Responsible for ensuring Finance functions operate and adhere to System wide policies and practices. Liaises between Business Unit and System finance and communicates key information to System finance leadership
- Represents the organization and its directors and officers in hospital-related financial affairs, including the presentation of financial results and complex industry and regulatory issues impacting the hospital and its related entities. Accountable in conjunction with Operations and Strategic leaders for the content and professionalism of the hospital's business plans
- Coordinates facility processes with centralized finance to ensure a strong internal control environment to safeguard assets and produce timely, consistent, and accurate financial information
- Supports the system Senior Vice President, Finance Operations to report financial condition of the Central Region to senior management, prepares or directs preparation of various reports which summarize the Central Region’s financial position and assists various strategic initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. Master's degree in Finance, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or related field or CPA preferred
- Ten plus years of progressively more responsible related work experience, including five plus years of experience in a strategic financial leadership position within the healthcare industry
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated financial management skills for healthcare operations to include: financial reporting, accounting, budgeting and planning, productivity monitoring, billing compliance, reimbursement, cost accounting and financing
- Strong financial, analytical, cost control, organizational and critical thinking skills necessary to conceptualize ideas in a fast-paced, dynamic, and multifunctional environment requiring creativity, innovation, foresight, and mature judgment
- Leadership and management skills necessary to work effectively within a system, influence results, motivate individuals and teams, and resolve problems in a diplomatic, professional manner
- Excellent relationship, oral and written communication, persuasion, negotiation, and presentation skills. The incumbent must be able to clearly articulate factual and advisory information to all levels of staff, executives, the boards of directors, and others, and garner related support; and have the confidence to represent the organization in formal and informal settings
- Be a creative thinker who enjoys working as part of a team and partners with operations. Strong sense of urgency, as well as attention to detail
- Possess a management philosophy and behavior which exemplifies integrity and strength of character, people sensitivity and respect for others, collaboration and team building, sense of humor, willingness to share and teach, customer service orientation and commitment to quality in all endeavors
- Demonstrated skills in effectively building collaborative relationships with leadership, executives, physicians and other key business partners
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.