Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters. Every day, over 35,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Participate in the design, development and on-going production support of Cardiovascular information systems which integrates throughout the hospital enterprise to provide business solutions to customers, and will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s service delivery.
- Advises and consults with customers both internal and across the hospital enterprise by developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the departments business needs in order to make cost-effective and efficient recommendations
- Partners with the Clinical Informatics team to help guide IT projects to ensure the solutions meet clinical needs
- Works with clinicians to understand data, define metrics, produce, and support analytics and reporting dashboards for cardiology
- Maintains department systems by investigating, and testing modifications to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards
- Assist in the development, training, implementation and maintenance of cardiovascular system logs, workqueues, tools, and enhancements
- Collaborates with Information Services and Biomedical Engineering teams to ensure developed department systems are compatible with overall hospital systems requirements, standard and hardware specifications
- Provides systems support to staff by maintaining departments hardware/software availability, educating and trains staff in the systems application and supporting report production to ensure requests are being met. May recognize abnormal reporting patterns and initiates corrective action where required and within scope of knowledge and expertise.
- Works collaboratively as a team member with user groups both within and across the hospital system; shares resources, information, tools and ideas that improve the department's services.
- Initiates self-development by maintaining a high degree of business function knowledge and current technologies and seeks opportunities to educate end-users and peers to promote a continuous learning environment
- May develop appropriate linkage by integrating department systems with other systems to ensure efficiency and facilitate flow of information across the hospital enterprise.
- Works independently by assuming project leadership providing the highest quality of system consulting in order to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Manages the impact of new technology e.g. wireless networks, point of care devices, instrument interfaces, and bar coding to ensure fit with clinical workflow processes.
- Ensures accuracy, data integrity and validity of data/analysis in all work.
- Works closely with Information Technology Services - both clinical and technical team members through all phases of system configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support.
Allied Health/Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (3-5 years)
Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- Experience with training and staff/user development
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with supporting workflow integration of cardiology systems and EMR (Epic)
- Experience with visual analytics applications (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.