Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
This position will have both clinical as well as administrative responsibilities
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician, the Medical Assistant performs delegated functions as a member of the patient care team to provide a variety of multi-skilled services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory, state and company standards, policies and procedures. Duties to include; room patients, phlebotomy, spirometry, vitals, lab, EMR.
• High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program and/or Medical Assistant Certification required (CMA,CCMA, RMA ). (An active CT CNA, EMT, Paramedic or Medic Certification may also be considered)
• 1 Year of Medical office experience preferred.
• Epic Experience preferred.
• Must possess effective communication skills.
• Competency in basic medical assisting skills.
• Including, rooming patients, assisting provider with exams, performing hearing tests, answering phones, scheduling appointments and surgeries.
• Strong working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Strong computer skills including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.