Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve
The Program Manager - High School Programs will work to develop an innovative program working closely with key high schools in the state of Connecticut and educational partners that address the needs of students, educators, and administrators, in an interdisciplinary manner, while blending to the overall recruitment goals and mission of Hartford HealthCare Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
- Manages all aspects of the Hartford HealthCare High School Program, to provide professional pathways and long-term career opportunities upon college graduation,
- Consults with the High School Governance Committee which is comprised of a cross-functional group of business sponsors/partners on building effective talent pipelines.
- Develops and owns the talent acquisition university relations strategies including identification, tracking and onboarding of high school program participants.
- Produces and manages innovative educational programs working with schools to meet and complement their curricula needs and address needs of the school.
- Trains educators and administrators to deliver programs within the schools, and work with them on-site and off-site as needed.
- Maintains a knowledge of current local and national education trends and teachings to create curricula tie-ins, including programs that address Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Identifies new opportunities to work with schools and community partners, and develop education-based High School Program, while interacting with high school participants, and manages program events (including, orientation, program learnings, etc.).
- Surveys and observes content to evaluate for present and future enhancements.
- Tracks budget and identify needs and opportunities for current/future state.
- Develops reports and assists in the development of report and content related to grants opportunities.
- Tracks and analyzes the progress of the Program to create an effective evaluation model including, the development of key performance indexes, dashboards and other reporting mechanisms to effectively demonstrate, communicate the value proposition of the programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree 3-5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in campus recruitment or marketing required
- Previous corporate or academic recruitment experience is desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Experience in campus recruitment or marketing required.
- A passion for leading, shaping, and refining Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) programs that optimize talent acquisition and talent development is preferred.
- Knowledge and vision of teaching and education-based programmatic applications
- Experience, enthusiasm, and ability to work in-person in classrooms and with educators, students’ settings
- Problem-solving skills and strategic thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Must be able to work independently and also within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and cross-communication skills; verbal and writing skills
- Project, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify new opportunities for growth in program
- Capacity to work some evenings and weekends for special programs and events
- Ability to effectively plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects at a variety of stages.
- Demonstrate extremely strong analytical skills, as well as personal organizational skills.
- Exhibit a collaborative work style within a multi-national company.
- This position requires travel for campus activities, etc.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.