Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Flexible hours, some weekends possible
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
This role assists in the implementation and maintenance of research protocols under the direction of the Principal Investigator and higher level CRC personnel. Assists in the facilitation and coordination of daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct studies.
- Maintains documentation of study training as needed.
- Supports research projects in compliance with Federal regulations and institutional and sponsor policies and procedures
- Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocol, e.g., study procedures, timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality, privacy protections.
- Screens subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Registers participants to the appropriate study in the designated system
- Assists in coordination of participant tests and procedures.
- Collects data as required by the protocol
- Helps maintains adequate inventory of study supplies. Follows the sponsor protocol and Research Administration’s policies on handling of products
- Assists with completion of study documentation and maintaining study files
- Maintains effective and ongoing communication with lead coordinator
- Adheres to conduct of research defined within Research Administrations Policy and in HHC Code of Conduct. Reporting any good faith suspicions of misconduct to manager and/or the compliance office.
- Assists in the preparation of documents related to the informed consent process.
- May be directly involved in completing the consent process with potential participants
- Adheres to all Federal regulations and institutional policies and procedures instituted to safeguard protected health information (PHI).
- Completes the appropriate level of training regarding the access, use, and disclosure of PHI in accordance with Federal regulations and institutional and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Cooperates with HHC compliance and monitoring efforts regarding the access, use, and disclosure of PHI and reports instances of noncompliance to the appropriate compliance office.
- Helps support prompt reporting of any unanticipated problems involving risks to research participants or others to the IRB and the sponsor in compliance with Federal and institutional policies and procedures.
- Coordinates participant tests and procedures. Performs test and procedures as appropriate.
- Associate degree in an appropriate discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific discipline, such as biology, psychology, etc. preferred
- Two years related work experience [clinical or administrative or combination]
- In lieu of Associate degree, four plus (4+) years of research experience will be considered. At least one-year practical research experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.