Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the leading providers of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for children and adults in Connecticut. Our providers specialize in:
- Adult and Pediatric Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Adult Body Contour Surgery, including Liposuction, Breast and Abdomen Modification
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction following Mastectomy
- Adult and Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- Facial Trauma Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery
- Surgery for Prominent Ears
- Facial Wrinkle Treatments
- Advanced Laser Technology
As part of our commitment to providing patients with state-of-the-art Plastic and Reconstructive care, our Division is active in the teaching of Medical Students and Residents through the University of Connecticut and Hartford Hospital.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
- The plastic surgery physician assistant will partner closely with a reputable plastic surgeon to practice within both the ambulatory and OR intraoperative settings
- Ambulatory / outpatient responsibilities will include postop follow up appointments and office based procedures
- Intraoperative first assist responsibilities will include both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures; with a main focus on oncology breast reconstruction
- Inpatient rounding may be included on a limited basis
- Outpatient practice locations will include Farmington and Glastonbury, and intraoperative work will occur at Hartford Hospital. Coverage 1 – 2x per month in Torrington may also be required
Physician Assistants Enjoy
- A supportive team based culture that is passionate about providing a positive experience
- Consistent OR time
- No call or weekends
- Continual opportunities for growth and advancement by practicing with an academic plastic surgery department
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- Well run, efficient clinical and administrative business operations in a growing and financially secure organization.
Physician Assistant Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant
- Plastic Surgery experience highly preferred
- Surgical experience preferred
- Experience as a PA highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.