Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Hospice Nurse Care Coordinator.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Basic Purpose of the Position:
Using best practice concepts, this role will assist the clinical team in care planning, appropriate utilization of services and coordination of care. The primary focus of this remains on providing person centered care efficiently and ensure patient satisfaction. This role will collaborate with all team members to achieve exceptional clinical, quality and financial outcomes.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
* Reviews clinical information and assessment data. Makes recommendations for efficient and
effective utilization of services to achieve positive patient outcomes and established organizational
* Analyzes data, investigates outliers and reports appropriately
* Reviews and ensures Hospice care plans meet Federal, State, and agency regulations and guidelines.
Ensures that an individualized plan of care is developed at admission and updated for recertifications for
all Hospice patients.
* Responsible for final review and submission of all Hospice care plan orders.
* Participates in case conferences with the clinical teams as needed
* Promotes a cooperative, cohesive group process dedicated to provision of quality patient care with
achievement of best possible patient outcomes; collaborates with peers across regions
* Participates in Performance Improvement activities within the Agency
* Responsible for the quality, clinical, and financial outcomes
* Maintains knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State accreditation regulations as well as
agency policies and procedures
* Maintains knowledge of and compliance with Hospice Medicare regulations and guidelines.
* Maintains utilization statistics in line with national best practice benchmarks and optimizes clinical outcome scores
* Run daily Hospice reports to verify accuracy and timeliness of documentation
* Coaches, mentors and educate Hospice staff regarding clinical documentation requirements to meet
Federal, State, and Agency regulations.
* Will actively participate in the performance improvement process and agency QAPI Program including
Hospice Quarterly Audits
Licensure: A registered nurse with a license to practice in the State of Connecticut
Education: According to state licensure regulations
Experience: According to current state licensure regulations
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.