Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
40 hours a week rotational
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
- Responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Anesthesia Technicians I & II’s in supporting the Anesthesia Providers as they care for our surgical patients within a busy Teaching, Urban, Level I trauma surgical. This role works closely with all the Anesthesia MD’s and CRNA’s to provide high quality level of service. Works with Anesthesia Leadership to determine products, supplies and equipment for the care of surgical patients while in surgery. Work closely with BioMed for any trouble shooting of equipment, Equipment express, for equipment availability and turnaround and Materials Management (Supply Chain) for the procurement of supplies as well as Pharmacy for the coordination and stocking of the Pyxis A-Stations located within each anesthesia locations. Meets regularly with vendor reps to ensure supplies are current and within budgeted expectations. busy Teaching, Urban, Level I trauma surgical
- Responsible for the daily activities of the unit which includes scheduling, recruiting, interviewing, evaluating and training of the technicians, to the expectations of Hartford Hospital and the Anesthesia Providers. Trains and develops staff ensuring competencies are met; completes annual Merit/Evals review providing authentic feedback /goals for all staff. Help resolve employees’ issues and concerns. Promotes a learning culture by demonstrating continuous coaching, mentoring and lends support and guidance to employees, as well as new hires, making sure they have a clear understanding of their responsibilities. Looks for opportunities for staff to grow and develop and advance, with reasonable goals.
- Manages staff schedule for 24x7 coverage to support the Operating Room, CathLab, IR and off the floor ICU cases. Oversees the daily workflow utilizing resources effectively by scheduling and assigning duties fairly and effectively to ensure all shifts are staffed for optimal operation.
- Manages all equipment and supplies: oversees all of the ordering and par levels for anesthesia supplies through the main storeroom and outside vendors. Monitors shipping and delivery ETA’s Manages any equipment or supply shortages and backorders, evaluate suitable substitute if necessary.
- Assess and anticipate the clinical provider’s needs and concerns. Assist with options and suggestions to the provider. Stay current with new and emerging anesthesia equipment trends.
- Leads by example, help cover areas when needed.
- Attends Periop Department, and related Anesthesia Department meetings. Facilitates Department Huddle. Actively participate in departmental meeting and project committees as required.
- H.S. diploma with demonstrated Industry learning
- Seven (7) years of support services in large scale Healthcare facility.
- Three (3) years management responsibility for staffing various shifts
- Ten (10) years progressive experience providing oversight for hospital environmental cleaning standards including maintaining operating room standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Full knowledge of all equipment used by the providers and its proper handling & cleaning processes
- Knowledge and ability to set priorities. Possess ability to handle the daily operations with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other Hospital applications
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and listening. Exceptional leadership skill and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain organization, flexibility and identify priorities in a changing and stressful environment
- Ability to optimize use of resources to move the organization forward while focusing on service excellent and employee engagement.
- Ability to proactively manage change to minimize resistance and maximize engagement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other supporting departments, initiates and maintains positive relationship with others towards a common end.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting expectations and requirement of internal and external customers and the communities HHC serves.
- Ability to adapt the HHC h3W leadership behaviors and model these behaviors on a daily basis
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.